Visitor PIV (V-PIV) is a PIV-I smart card for temporary use by people that do not have a CAC or PIV. Continue to be FICAM compliant without compromising security.
Visitor PIV (V-PIV) is a PIV-I smart card for temporary use by people that do not have a CAC or PIV. A FICAM compliant facility can confidently issue V-PIV smart cards to visitors for use with the physical access control system without compromising the compliance or security of the site. V-PIV smart cards are equivalent to HID TAC (Temporary Access Cards) with the option to add organization specific PKI customization, card personalization and printed front/back of the physical card.
Example V-PIV smart card authentication options include:
- Contactless/Contact CHUID
- Contactless/Contact Card Authentication Key (PKI-CAK)
- Contact + Pin PIV Authentication Key (PKI-AUTH)
V-PIV smart cards are shipped pre-configured and ready to use out of the box. Root and intermediate certificates are delivered electronically for configuration in the registration and validation system. If a V-PIV smart card is lost or stolen it can be revoked by the issuing intermediate certificate.
Customization and Personalization.
V-PIV smart cards can be extensively customized and personalized, including but not limited to:
- Organization specific root certificate
- Organization specific intermediate certificate
- Printed front (optionally front and back)
- Pin code
- Name, Affiliation, Organization
- Photo (written to PIV applet and optionally printed on card)
- All FICAM certified physical access control systems.
- EntryPoint, FIPSlink, Innometrics/CCure High Assurance, pivCLASS, and other FICAM certified registration and validation systems.
- Cheetah readers, Gallagher T21 readers, Identiv TS readers, pivCLASS readers, Veridt Stealth readers and other FICAM certified contact or contactless readers.